|31 October 2020 - 5 November 2020||Space available|
THE IDEA OF THE QUARANTINE SAFARI CAME ABOUT AFTER MANY WEEKS COOPED UP AT HOME DURING A TIME THAT TOOK US ALL BY SURPRISE, ESPECIALLY THOSE WITHIN THE SAFARI INDUSTRY
The idea of the Quarantine Safari came about after many weeks cooped up at home during a time that took us all by surprise, especially for those within the Safari industry.
Not has it been hard for travellersto have cancelled safaris that took years of planning, but it’s equally so for those who wanted to sharethese great wilderness experiences with you on safari.
As a result, the Quarantine Safari was born with a few simple and obvious factors in mind; get back outinto one of the greatest wildernesses on Earth as soon as safely possible, witness the rare spectacle ofa largely traveller free eco-system by taking advantage of the Moremi before it returns to former occupancylevels and create an immersive Safari experience that suits a post Covid 19 wallet. Botswana isnotorious for inflated lodge rates and the often overcrowded reserves where Mobile camping Safaris arepermitted.
N.B. Please read our Covid-19 protocol to familiarise yourself with South African tourism protocols. These policies are subject to change. C4 Photo Safaris PTY LTD is a facilitator of Safaris and the right of admission is at all times reserved to the guests of our lodge partners by prior booking.
Kyle has spent the last few years exploring and guiding in the heart of Africa with a primary focus on conservation and adventure travel. He is one of the very few naturalist and photographic guides to host guests on safari to these last great wilderness regions on the continent which include the humid rainforests, Saharan deserts and the great Albertine rift.View Profile >
Arrive at Maun International Airport in Maun, and yoube met by a Capricorn Safaris representative whom willassist you in transferring to camp in Moremi Game Reserve.Classic CapricornCamp, Moremi
After breakfast and your last morning activity you will departvia a boat transfer directly to an island in the OkavangoDelta where you will overnight for your last night.Private Island
After breakfast you will be transferred back to Maun airportin time for your international departure back home. Ifyou paid for the option helicopter flight you will be transferredback to Maun by a scenic helicopter flight. This is the end of your safari.
The few places scattered across the continent where you have access to mobile camping vs permanent lodging are usually those sites within National Parks. The result of a non private traversing area usually means higher densities of vehicles, mobile camping sites and people. As we slowly look back on a worldfull of lockdowns, travel restrictions and economic challenges, there is likely no better time to mobile camp in Botswana.
Moremi is well known for its incredible wildlife and wilderness. The mosaic of floodplain savannah, riparian forest and varying forms of Mopane woodland is a great foundation for the pulsation of life in Moremi. The strong seasonal wildlife movements honour the ways of old, intact ecosystems and the wildlife within it. As with every safari, we will only really know what is out there after reading the morning newspaper ie: the road in front of us, deciphering which species went where and which direction the land cruiser should follow.
Please read our Covid-19 protocol to familiarise yourself with South African tourism protocols. Thesepolicies are subject to change. C4 Photo Safaris PTY LTD is a facilitator of Safaris and the right ofadmission is at all times reserved to the guests of our lodge partners by prior booking.
• All guests will be required to complete a C4 indemnity form together with a medical and travel declarationform.
• All guests will be required to practice social distancing when in camp. Masks or face shields are compulsoryin areas where social distancing is not possible.Full payment required 30 days prior to arrival.Minimum of 4 and maximum 6 clients.A detailed pre-departure document detailing climate, clothing, travel logistics, travel information, cameragear and other safari information will be sent to you 6 weeks prior to your departure date.
THE ABOVE COSTS INCLUDE
• Meet and greet at airport and all road transfers in Botswana.
• All accommodation and meals.
• All soft drinks and alcoholic drinks. Excludes Premium Brands.
• Private vehicle throughout.
• Conservation levies and Park fees.
• Private specialist photographic guide: Kyle De Nobrega.
• Conservation donation @$20.00 per person per day (included in the costs)
• 2 vehicles with Capricorn Safaris, 3 pax each, 2 vehicles at Kwara.
• 6 pax (2 guides in Moremi
COSTS NOT INCLUDED
• Visas and Vaccinations.
• Travel Insurance. **Please refer to our terms and conditions.
• Extra activities.
• Purchases of a personal nature.
• International flights.
• Gratuities to staff and guides.
Arrive at Maun International Airport in Maun, and yoube met by a Capricorn Safaris representative whom will assist you in transferring to camp in Moremi Game Reserve.Classic Capricorn Camp, Moremi
After breakfast you will be transferred back to Maun airport in time for your international departure back home. If you paid for the option helicopter flight you will be transferred back to Maun by a scenic helicopter flight. This is the end of your safari.